It can be used to control various devices like surveillance cameras and car trekking through the internet. It is clearly stated that existing 10-digit system for mobile numbers will be maintained. It is noteworthy that the Central Communication Ministry has instructed all the states, in which it has been said that now mobile number can be changed from 10 to 13 digits but only for the machine to machine communication. It is believed that the decision has been taken at a recent meeting held in Delhi. BSNL has started preparations for this.
- Migration of numbers to 13 digits will start by October 1, 2018
- Decision will not have any effect on mobile phone SIMs
- 13-digit M2M numbering plan will be implemented from July 1
Mobile software will be updated
According to reports, companies that are creating mobile handsets have also been informed about this. So companies can update their software according to the mobile number of 13 numbers so that customers do not have trouble.
Process will start from October
- However, it has not been made clear that the 13 digits mobile number will contain the country code (India +91) or not.
- According to the Department of Telecom (DoT), the number of mobile numbers currently being 10, will start migrating in the numbers from October 1, 2018, to 13.