A liter of 2-liter petrol is worth 2 and 3 rupees. Thus, if the sale of 4-5 thousand petrol liters a day, the earnings of one day will be 15 thousand rupees. Thus, on a liter of 1 liter two to two and a half rupees, every 4-5 thousand liter petrol-diesel sale can earn up to Rs 10 lakh per month.
Following are the eligibility requirements for individual applicants for Petrol Pump:
- You must be an Indian citizen and a resident of India as on the date of the affidavit.
- Minimum educational qualification required for rural ROs is 10+2 examination conducted by a Board/University and Graduation/ Chartered Accountant/ Company Secretary/ Cost Accountant/ Diploma in Engineering for regular ROs. For candidates belonging to CC1 and CC2 category, minimum education required is Class 10th and Class 10+2 examination conducted by a Board/University for rural ROs and regular ROs respectively. However, this norm of minimum education is not applicable to freedom Fighters under the CC2 category.
- Age of individual applicant must be 21-55 years (except for Freedom Fighter under CC2 category).
- Minimum fund requirement is Rs. 12,00,000 and Rs. 25,00,000 respectively for rural ROs and regular ROs. This fund can be in the form of savings accounts, deposits with bank/registered companies/postal schemes OR bonds OR shares of listed companies in Demat form OR mutual funds OR National Savings Certificates, etc. Please note that only 60% of the certified value of Shares, Mutual funds & Bonds will be taken into consideration for eligibility purpose.
- All applicants must possess a suitable piece of land in the area mentioned in the advertisement. You may either own it or have it on a long-term lease for a minimum time period as specified in the notification.
How can petrol pump be opened?
Oil companies open petrol pumps based on their own needs. It is also advertised in the paper where the company wants to open a petrol pump in the area. It mentions all the terms and conditions. Anyone completing these rules can apply online for the dealership at the respective company’s website. Then the company’s officer inspects. Petroleum Ministry may impose restrictions on opening petrol pumps. Companies can announce after receiving the permit from the ministry.